Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

And in a NASCAR event,

• October 23, 2018 5:50 AM +05

OTTAWA -- Henrik Lundqvist was not quite himself on Tuesday -- but he still made his mark on the New York Rangers. Cameron Tom Jersey . Lundqvist became the winningest goalie in Rangers franchise history as New York routed the Ottawa Senators 8-4, earning his 302nd career victory to unseat Mike Richter. "Its an incredible feeling," said Lundqvist. "A proud feeling. Being up there with those guys that have played for the organization for a lot of years and the franchise has been around for so long, its kind of surreal. I want to keep going obviously and hopefully I have a lot of years left to keep winning. "Ive been lucky to play with a lot of great players and its been a great ride so far." Lundqvist has a career goals-against average of 2.27, far less than the four goals he allowed against Ottawa. Derick Brassard, Benoit Pouliot, John Moore and Ryan McDonagh all scored in the second, with the final three coming less than four minutes apart late in the period. New York took a 5-2 lead into the final 20 minutes. "In the second period I think we really took over," said Brassard. Brassard scored his first of two goals at 8:56 then Pouliot beat Ottawa netminder Robin Lehner at 15:48 after taking the puck away from Jason Spezza in the slot as the Senators captain got tangled up trying to recover a pass in his skates. "Weve been struggling scoring goals so we found a way as a group to score some goals in the second and theres where we took over," said Brassard. Moore scored at 18:44 as he shot the puck towards the goal from along the boards after crossing the blue-line into the Senators zone. McDonagh scored at the 19:44 mark when he tipped a shot in past Lehner, who allowed five goals on 26 shots and was replaced by Nathan Lawson to start the third period. Lawson allowed two goals early and was replaced by Lehner with eight minutes to play after making eight saves. "Were embarrassed. It was a must-win game for us and to give up eight is nothing but unacceptable," Spezza said. "They get the lead and we just unravel. Its kind have been the same thing all year for us. We havent been consistent enough and able to play with leads enough and it seems like tonight was a microcosm of a lot of things." Rick Nash scored a short-handed goal in the first period for the Rangers (37-29-4) while Derek Stepan, Brassard and Nash, into an empty net, scored in the third. Lundqvist made 16 saves in the second period and finished with 35 overall. Mike Hoffman and Mika Zibanejad scored first-period goals for the Senators (28-27-13), who have lost four straight and eight of their past 10. Milan Michalek and Bobby Ryan had goals in the third for Ottawa. With just 14 games remaining in the regular season the Senators trail the Rangers by nine points for the final playoff spot and there are three other teams between the two clubs. "We knew it before the game. We talked about it, we touched on it that these were four points essentially, and to give up eight at home is awful," Senators forward Bobby Ryan said with regards to the importance of the game. "Were going to have to review a lot and see but the only thing we can do is come to the rink tomorrow, maybe not with a fresh attitude but with the attitude that we have to get better in some areas, and hope that if we do the right things there is still time to clean this mess up." The night started well for the Senators as Hoffman scored on a one-timer from the point seven minutes into the game, and just seconds later they were awarded a power play when Carl Hagelin was called for hooking. Hoffman was playing the point on the power play and he got stripped of the puck at the New York blue-line by Nash who went in and beat Lehner far side. The Senators levelled their power plays four minutes later when Zibanejad scored with the man advantage sending the Senators into the first break ahead 2-1. Notes- Matt Kassian, Patrick Wiercioch and Craig Anderson were scratches for the Senators Tuesday. Scratches for the Rangers were Raphael Diaz, Derek Dorsett, Ryan Haggerty and Justin FaulkaErik Karlsson continues to lead all NHL defencemen in scoring with 61 points. He also leads the Senators in scoringaThe last time Robin Lehner started three straight games before Tuesday was back in early November. He won all three and was named the NHL first star of the weekaHenrik Lundqvist is officially the King of New York as he became the winningest goaltender in the history of the Rangers with 302 wins, one more than Mike Richter. Lundqvist is also one shutout shy of 50 for his careeraThe Rangers have not allowed a power play goal against in their past eight games prior to Tuesday and were shorthanded 21 times over that span and had scored three shorthanded goals. Sam Mills Jersey . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said. Taysom Hill Jersey . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest.BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Even Jimmie Johnson has a temper -- one that was on display long before he became a six-time champion and one of NASCARs most respected drivers. "I guess the one experience that comes to mind for me in Cup was maybe my rookie year at Bristol," he said. "Robby Gordon wrecked me on a restart, and I got out and shot him the bird." NASCAR has thrived for years thanks to the personalities of some of its biggest stars and that includes an occasional feud, gesture or angry encounter on the track. But less than a week after Kevin Ward Jr. was killed during a sprint car race in New York after being struck by a car driven by Tony Stewart, NASCAR on Friday barred its drivers from approaching the track or moving cars after an incident during the race. "Through time you have to recognize when you get a reminder or tap on the shoulder, something that may need to be addressed," said Robin Pemberton, NASCARs vice-president of competition and racing development. "This is one of those times where we look outside our sport and we look at other things, and we feel like it was time to address this." Johnson said he supports NASCARs rule addition. The father of two also has a slightly different perspective now on his "salute" to Gordon all those years ago. "Im sure I picked up a few fans and lost a few fans," he said. "Now, as a parent, if my childs hero was out there shooting the bird to another ballplayer, baseball player or football player or whatever it was, Id probably try to steer my kids away from that. So, it depends. I dont think that entertainment value should come with any safety implications. Safety is the No. 1 priority for drivers, crew members, and the officials that are out there on the race track. And if it turns a few fans off, then in my opinion, theyre a fan for the wrong reason." The new rule takes effect immediately and applies to all NASCAR series. "Really, were formalizing rules that have been there," Pemberton said. "Its reminders that take place during drivers meetings with drivers about on-track accidents." IndyCar reviewed its safety guidelines after Wards death and the protocol is similar to what NASCAR announced Friday, IndyCar spokesman Mike Kitchel said. Drivers are supposed to stay put until a safety team aarrives unless there is a fire or other extenuating circumstances. Benjamin Watson Jersey. It remains to be seen how NASCAR will enforce its provision, and how much the threat of penalties will deter drivers in the heat of the moment. "Theres still going to be confrontations out there and thats never going to change. People will still get mad at each other," Joey Logano said. "Youve got to keep the big picture of staying safe out there and somehow controlling your emotions." Last Saturday, Stewarts car struck Ward during a sprint car race in Canandaigua, New York. After Stewarts car appeared to clip Wards car, sending it spinning, Ward left the car during the caution period, walked down the track and was hit by Stewart. His funeral was Thursday. Stewart, who could face criminal charges, is skipping this weekends Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway. He did not race last week at Watkins Glen, a few hours after Ward was killed. Stewart once threw his helmet at Matt Kenseths car. In 2003, Kevin Harvick climbed on the roof of his car to shout at Ricky Rudd, who had nudged him from behind late in a race. The 1979 Daytona 500 is remembered for a last-lap crash between Donnie Allison and Cale Yarborough as they raced for the lead. The crash led to a three-man fight after Allisons brother, Bobby, pulled up to the accident scene. An occasional shouting match or obscene gesture may seem like a harmless frivolity, but Wards death underscored the dangers of being on foot near moving race cars. Johnson said the risk may be higher on dirt tracks. "A lot of those dirt drivers dont have spotters. They dont have radios in the car. And in a NASCAR event, especially if youre part of the crash and that guy is mad at you, your spotter is telling you where he is," Johnson said. "I would just say that hopefully short tracks pick up this philosophy and enforce it. But I dont know if it will change a drivers mind as they get out of the race car. But it would be nice for the rest of the field to know what has happened and if there is a hot-tempered driver on foot." NASCAR hopes that will be less of an issue now that post-accident procedures have been spelled out in the rule book. "Will that stop a driver thats really upset?" Johnson said. "I dont know. Its hard to say." Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ChinaWholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

• 47521 posts
    July 6, 2023 1:43 PM +05
    • 47521 posts
    July 6, 2023 1:43 PM +05
    • 47521 posts
    July 7, 2023 9:57 AM +05
    • 47521 posts
    July 7, 2023 10:03 AM +05
    • 47521 posts
    July 7, 2023 10:03 AM +05
    • 47521 posts
    July 16, 2023 1:14 PM +05