Forums » Suggestions

a long shot to crack the lineup

• October 26, 2018 8:29 AM +05

ALAMEDA, Calif. Sterling Shepard Jersey . - The Oakland Raiders packed an equipment van, piled players into three buses and left their facilities in the rearview mirror on Thursday.No, the team hasnt found a new home to replace their dilapidated digs at the Oakland Coliseum. But with a heavy rain storm pelting the Bay Area, the Raiders had no choice but to relocate their practice to an indoor facility in a converted airplane hangar a short drive away.It wasnt really that big, interim Oakland coach Tony Sparano said. We had seen the forecast. We went out last week in the rain but with the way this thing was coming in, with the wind and the rain, there wasnt much we were going to get accomplished there so we planned ahead.The Raiders made the change Thursday morning in response to what was expected to be the most powerful storm to hit the area in five years.Steady rains fell most of the morning and afternoon, partially submerging a portion of Oaklands practice fields. Even the field covered by Field Turf — which was installed in 2002 — was unusable.Because the Raiders (2-11) do not have an indoor practice facility at their Alameda headquarters, they found an offsite location to prepare for Sundays game in Kansas City against the Chiefs.The site is a public facility that includes soccer fields and basketball hoops.Despite the hassle of having to move the players, coaches and equipment — which included the video department — Sparano was satisfied with what the Raiders were able to accomplish.We got good work in today, Sparano said. Guys handled it well. It restricts you a little bit any time you do that but I think were in pretty good shape.Six players — including two starters — did not make the trip because of injuries.Cornerback Tarell Brown was held out after aggravating a foot and ankle injury when he fell awkwardly while attempting to break up a pass during last weeks win over the San Francisco 49ers.Though he came back and finished the game, Brown has not practiced this week. His status for Sundays game in Kansas City is uncertain.I didnt have as much concern yesterday, Sparano said. But today not practicing gives me a little bit more concern.Right tackle Menelik Watson continues to be sidelined with ankle and foot injuries. The 2013 second-round pick had started nine games before sitting out against San Francisco.Defensive tackle Pat Sims was also held out with a shoulder injury.Notes: LB Sio Moore was limited with a hip injury. WR Andre Holmes (shoulder) and CB Chimdi Chekwa (shoulder) were both limited. ... S Larry Asante (shoulder) and TE Brian Leonhardt (concussion) did not practice.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL  href="http://www.cheapgiantsjerseyssale.com/?tag=carl-banks-jersey-sale" target="_blank">Carl Banks Jersey . Fielder has been out with a herniated disk in his neck, and surgery was recommended after a follow-up exam and another scan Thursday with Dr. Kerry Wynn Jersey .The 24-year-old quarterback spent four seasons at Northern Illinois and in 2013 was a finalist for the Heisman, which is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in U.BROSSARD, Que. - It is getting down to crunch time at the Montreal Canadiens camp.The Canadiens made five cuts on Thursday, including defencemen Greg Pateryn and Davis Drewiske, to reduce the training camp roster to 28 players.Forwards Sven Andrighetto, Jake Dowell and Gabriel Dumont were also sent to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs, who are holding training camp in St. Johns, N.L.Among those who escaped the cuts were forwards Christian Thomas, Jacob de la Rose and Jiri Sekac, defencemen Nathan Beaulieu, Jarred Tinordi, Darren Dietz and Francis Bouillon and goaltender Dustin Tokarski.Montreal also agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with former Carolina forward Drayson Bowman, who was invited to join the Canadiens camp on a professional tryout.The survivors are expected to see action in pre-season games against the Ottawa Senators on Friday and Saturday nights. Teams have until Tuesday to get down to the 23-man roster limit.It is likely that Beaulieu, who played in the post-season in the spring, will make the NHL club, but it may be between Tinordi and Bouillon for the job as the seventh defenceman on the depth chart.The six-foot-six Tinordi has had an up-and-down camp, but coach Michel Therrien said he likes his physical play. If he is sent down, the team can turn to returning veteran Bouillon, who was invited to camp on a tryout.In Francis case, its not an audition, said Therrien. We know exactly what weve got.After we make our evaluation of the young players, then well make a decision. We need to see if the young defencemen are ready to play in the NHL.Bouillon, who turns 39 on Oct. 177, looked relieved to still be in camp. John Greco Jersey. I know Im in competition with the young guys, but the best I can do is show up on the ice and show that I can still play in this league, he said. The rest I have no control over.The big surprise was Dietz, a rushing defenceman who was limited to 34 games in Hamilton last season due to injuries. The Medicine Hat, Alta., native has been impressive in camp.I like his speed, said Therrien. Hes got poise with the puck.He can jump up in the play. Well give him another chance to see what hes got.The goal is to make the hockey team and nothing is accomplished yet, said Dietz.At forward, the speedy, five-foot-nine Thomas has made himself noticed in every pre-season game hes played.There should be a spot open on right wing, and the son of former NHL winger Steve Thomas has made a good case, although he is up against gifted six-foot-two newcomer Sekac, who looks to have the edge so far. The 19-year-old De la Rose appears to be a long shot to crack the lineup.Everyones goal here is to have a good camp and make the Canadiens and this just means Im a step closer, said Thomas. Hopefully I made a good impression with the staff and that it stays like that.Therrien said Pateryn needs to adjust to the pace of play in the NHL, while Drewiske simply needs playing time after missing most of last season with a shoulder injury.In goal, the Canadiens are still undecided on whether to keep Peter Budaj, the incumbent back-up to Carey Price, or Tokarski, who was chosen over Budaj to play when Price was injured in the Eastern Conference final. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '