Forums » Suggestions

crept wide after wriggling out of his grasp

• October 9, 2018 12:15 PM +05

Who should stay, and who should go? That is the question facing the Winnipeg Blue Bombers as they work to rebuild a roster and a winning culture in the same way the football club built the countrys first new CFL stadium in over three decades. Aaron Dell Jersey . They can only hope the process will see less construction delays and bumps along the way, but result in a similar jewel of a finished product that is Investors Group Field. Despite his own fate remaining an unknown at this juncture, it is clear head coach Tim Burke is heavily involved in analyzing and evaluating Winnipegs current roster as they look toward an offseason that may be their busiest in franchise history. "There will be changes of some kind, whether its one person or half the team and all the coaching staff. Who knows what itll be," said Burke as he prepares his 3-14 team for their season finalé at home against Hamilton. "We meet as a staff, and then (acting general manager Kyle Walters) and I meet together." Burke and Walters have noticed a trend in some of their players. "(The conversations) have been going on and they continue to go on because some guys surprise you, more that they dont have the heart, dont have the competitive spirit that they need to have. So you dont want to go forward with those guys in the future." Those who see playing time on Saturday and those who do not may indicate who will be around next season, or elsewhere. "Some of them have showed their true colours this week," added Burke. "And so they wont play (against Hamilton)." One of the players who is working to leave a noticeable mark is Johnny Sears, who, since returning from a long-term foot injury in Week 15, has been an injection of energy and tenacity into a team in desperate need of it. Sears is a player who clearly understands the audition process so many Blue Bombers are currently being subjected to by Burke and Walters, as well as others around the CFL. "Someone has to remember me, if not my team, before I leave (for the season)," said the versatile fourth-year pro who has lined up at corner, halfback, and nickelback this month. "Youve got to make a demanding impact, and thats what I try to bring." "With trades, to get released, or new coaching staff, you dont know whos watching," added Sears, who understands the current situation in the CFL with an expansion team joining this winter and his club in a rebuilding phase. "Everybody is watching, but you dont know whos taking notes on you. So whatever you put on film on the field, somebody might like it and somebody may not. The person who may like it might be your next boss, so its all in the resumé... I think thats in the back of every players mind." "Who knows whats going to happen. An example, for our season, were all playing for our next job. Who knows what it may be? I may be here. I may be gone. I dont know... If I am gone, Im playing hard enough for somebody else to want me or play good enough for them to keep me here." Sears, 26, remains under contract with the Bombers through the 2014 season. The 3-14 Blue Bombers are working to avoid tying their lowest season win total since a 2-14 finish back in 1970. "Right now we just want a victory," said the head coach. "This is going to be our last week together, last game together as a team. And this is what I told them... Somebody in that room is going to be playing for Ottawa next year. Maybe two or three. Who knows? Some guys, this will be their last game they ever play in their life. This is a chance for us to go out together as a team and play as a team and play our hearts out." Notes: Some players who may miss action this week due to injury include defensive ends Kenny Mainor (shoulder) and Greg Peach (groin), offensive linemen Glenn January (undisclosed) and Patrick Neufeld (lower-body), receiver Terrence Edwards (undisclosed), and nickelback Desia Dunn (undisclosed)... Defensive tackle Zach Anderson returns to the lineup this week after missing the last two games... Running back Mario Fannin, who was signed to the practice roster on October 1, is expected to get a solid look in game action this week. Cheap NHL Jerseys . HEROES P.K. Subban – Scored the overtime winner and assisted on Montreal’s earlier goal, both on the power play, in a 2-1 win over Nashville. Brandon Bollig Jersey . It all would have been for naught, however, had it not been for some clutch shooting in the fourth quarter by Kobe Bryant and a couple of equally critical hustle plays by Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol in the final minutes.LONDON - Mauricio Pochettino got the better of his Southampton successor Ronald Koeman as Tottenham ended its four-match wait for a Premier League win with a 1-0 victory on Sunday.Christian Eriksen scored with a 20-yard strike in the 40th minute to deny Koemans side a seventh straight win in all competitions.All eyes were on Pochettino at White Hart Lane, where he was taking on his former club for the first time since ending a successful 18-month stint at St Marys to lead Spurs.The win was a timely shot in the arm for Tottenham ahead of the international break, having failed to win its last four top-flight matches and lost its previous two home league games.Unlike recent weeks, there was no sign of a Europa League hangover as Jan Vertonghen had an early header cleared off the line, before Erik Lamela saw a shot pushed on to the post and Eriksen impressively struck from distance.Nacer Chadli hit the post as he attempted to double Spurs advantage before the break, from which Tottenham returned strongly and kept the visitors at bay.Sadio Manes contender for miss of the season in the closing stages was Saints best chance as the hosts held out for a win which will have been particularly sweet for Pochettino and his staff.Despite having last season led the south coast side to its best-ever Premier League campaign, the sold-out travelling fans showered him with abuse from the outset in north London.PPochettino may have been under pressure but so too was the Southampton backline, with Ryan Bertrand clearing Vertonghens header off the line in the fourth minute. Logan Couture Jersey. However, Saints soon settled and had a fine chance of their own, with only a last-ditch Kyle Naughton block preventing Mane turning in Graziano Pelles cross.Manes cutback just evaded Steven Davis as Southampton continued to up the ante, with Spurs target Morgan Schneiderlin having a close-range effort blocked.Lamela galloped forward and unleashed a 25-yard strike that Fraser Forster did brilliantly to tip on to the post, although the England goalkeeper was not so convincing when denying Eriksen soon after, watching helplessly as the ball crept wide after wriggling out of his grasp.Naughton was forced off with a nasty-looking injury in between those opportunities.Attacking down the left, Emmanuel Adebayor squared the ball to Chadli, who flicked to Eriksen and the Danish playmaker unleashed a fizzing strike from the edge of the box just out of Forsters reach.Spurs continued on top when play resumed for the second half, although it looked like the match would be turned on its head seven minutes after the restart.Latching on to a through ball, Mane was barged off the ball by last-man Younes Kaboul. The Spurs skipper feared the worse when Mike Jones harshly called a foul, yet the referee only gave a yellow card. Cheap Washington Nationals Gear Cheap Philadelphia Phillies Gear Cheap New York Mets Gear Cheap Miami Marlins Gear Cheap Atlanta Braves GearCheap Texas Rangers Gear Cheap Seattle Mariners Gear Cheap Oakland Athletics Gear Cheap Los Angeles Angels Gear Cheap Houston Astros Gear Cheap Minnesota Twins Gear Cheap Kansas City Royals Gear Cheap Detroit Tigers Gear Cheap Cleveland Indians Gear Cheap Chicago White Sox Gear ' ' '